Why the migrants seek to migrate and what they hope for:
- Find a safer place to live
- Have a better salary
- Find a better job
- Have better opportunities for studying
- Access better public services
- Face less corruption
In extent to these, there are people for whom the motivation revolves around more personal causes like:
- Having a partner that lived in another country
- Wanting to experiment another culture
- Wanting to live in a more civilised country
According to the surveys, the following factors limit migrants’ integration in a new country:
Learning the language
- Communication is important in every aspect of our life, in work and free time
- The nuances vary according to the country. Some languages are more similar to one’s own, and in some countries, English is enough in various cases.
Finding a place to live – The rules for the housing markets differ a lot between countries and even between cities.
- In some countries, landlords do not rent a place unless they see that a person has a stable job that ensures that the tenant is able to pay the rent since the law protects the tenants and evicting a tenant who does not pay is a long process.
- Some apartments and houses are furnished but some not, so the tenants may need to buy their own furniture.